Tuesday, January 12, 2010

new year...and?

So the holidays are over and the getting back to business has set in. I went through a lot over the short break from Philly life.

DJ and I are always learning from riding together in a car. It is a tight space where one person must be in control of where both are going. The problem is that both of us don't like driving or have an opinion about the other's driving. It gets very intense and I cannot run away from the situation like I usually do when a conflict arises. We have come a long way, but when emotions run high, it never fails that I cry at some point.

I also got sick with something that I haven't had for years...pink eye! Yes, pink eye. I caught it from a friend of my sisters who is staying at my mother's house. I contracted it in my left eye and treated it with homeopathic eye drops. After 3 days it had gone away and I thought I was in the clear. Nope. Two days later I felt the itch in my right eye and woke up the next day with a crusty eye. This time I treated it with antibiotic drops from the clinic. Did the trick (I hope!)

I have a few things to be excited about in the new year. My younger brothers are both going to have babies. I have already started making quilts! Also DJ got some beer making supplies for Christmas. I can't wait to see what he brews up.

No comments:

Post a Comment