Monday, March 15, 2010

Pi Day

When I realized what day it was I knew what I had to do- make pies! I was super hungry, so I did what any woman would do in my situation- make pot pie. Now this isn't the PA Dutch noodle pot pie. This is the crusty goodness that the rest of the country calls pot pie. I picked up a couple of ingredients at Cousins and got to chopping. I love the colorful veggies all diced up on a cutting board.



I let the onions sweat in some oil with garlic before throwing in the rest of the veggies and some stock. I also cut up some frozen green beans. To get the sauce more like gravy, I added a cornstarch and soy sauce mixture to the filling. While that was cooking I made some whole wheat crust and let it chill. After it was all combined and ready I baked it in a 425 degree oven for 30 min. The veggie pot pie was delicious. The little Scotty dog is just for fun.

I had some pie crust left over so I cut up some plums that we got from the Spring Garden Market and almonds and cooked it apple pie style. It turned out pretty good. Next time I will bake it longer.


Who knew math could be so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment