Friday, August 10, 2012

August already?

This summer is flying by! July was a full month of school, vacation, friends, and a new job. Here's the details:

I am finishing up my first semester online for my Masters of Special Education at Saint Joseph's University. It has been wonderful getting back into academia. It feels like I have never left.

DJ and I camped at the wonderful little Reeds Gap State Park. We hiked, waded in the stream, napped in the hammock, and the best: cooked our favorite camping foods over the fire. We also went to the Remington Ryde Bluegrass Festival in Reedsville, PA. The whole vacation reminded us why we love our state and how much we miss the country.

We had friends over to our little apartment for dinner. DJ's friend from the port, Michael and his beautiful new wife Rachael visited. We had shepherd's pie with turkey sausage and strawberries for dessert. I even got out the good Blue Ridge pottery from Mrs Clapp and Siesta Ware mugs from Smartz. We had such encouraging conversations. I felt so blessed to have over.
tiny kitchen set up
At the end of July I was asked to fill in at Circle Thrift. Soon enough the position was extended and I will be there for a while. I love working there. Everyone should come by to see me and buy some awesome merch from CT!

I am excited for what August has in store. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment