Saturday, June 30, 2012

coat rack

For years DJ and I have been using a standard coat rack. It is useful for so many things and seemed to keep things off of our floor. The problem?...we wanted to put a chair in our bedroom and didn't have the space. We were sad to get rid of the coat rack, but decided to use its parts to make a new one. I removed the hooks and mounted them directly to the wall. That was a fail. The screws were not long enough and just ripped out of the wall. So the search was on for something else. I was walking Chompsky the other day and found a dirty, discarded back of a chair and thought that it might work. I cleaned it up, mounted the hooks and presto, we got a new, up-cycled coat rack! I placed it behind the door utilize the space. Take a look...




No comments:

Post a Comment