Monday, July 29, 2013

t-shirt and sweater up-cycle

It has been almost a year since I have written on this blog. I have had a few life changes:

  1. I am still in school for my Masters in Special Education at Saint Joseph's University. Going strong!
  2. I got a full time teaching job at one of my favorite school in the city- Freire Charter School. I just finished up a great year.
  3. DJ and I are in the process of buying a house. Seriously, such a crazy process!
I am currently on summer break, and find myself with some free time. I was looking on Pinerest and saw this lovely sweater from Purl Bee.
Now I am not a knitter, but I love the look of this top. I knew I could make a copy-cat version.

I searched Circle Thrift and found this sweater.














I decided to chop of the arms and use them to make my own top. I tried to find a light knit grey sweater, but I couldn't find anything I liked. I thought a t-shirt might work, so I combed through my dresser and found this oldie to use for the bottom.
I very carefully ripped the seams of the sweater. I think I can still wear it, now as a summery vest thing. I then chopped the t-shirt right under the logo. I lined up the sleeves onto the t-shirt and pinned.


I sewed them up and finished the edges. Here's the finished product.





Pretty close, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. you wore it the other day and it looked AWESOME on you!!

    ReplyDelete