Saturday, September 5, 2009

love jesus style

I took off Saturday from work many weeks ago to prepare for the arrival of my in-laws and for a cell leader training for Circle of Hope. I forgot about it until yesterday so it was nice to not go to Applebees. I spent the morning loving and learning to love

The topic was on healthy sexuality focusing on Luke 17:11-19 when Jesus heals 10 lepers and 1 came back to acknowledge him as God. Four points were made: Jesus made the connection, He pitied the lepers and reached out to connect with them; 1 out of 10 ain't bad, its okay that the result wasn't 100% and you cannot expect it to be; Jesus lived the commitment, he didn't look for the opportunity to heal he just did it; and its okay to expect praise, love is a grace exchange.

Love is so much more than sex, although the world burns it down to that. We use our sexuality to connect with people in the intimate sense. Because I am married, I look to my relationship with my husband as an example of how I relate sexually. I can see healthy and unhealthy instances, but overall I am really happy where we are right now. I hope that we will continue to grow in our intimate relationship and love the way Jesus loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment